Friday, September 7, 2012

I can't believe it!!! I had time to craft today!!!!

WARNING!!!!! LONG POST!!!!

Hellooo friends! Almost Friday!!!!  Cmonnnnnnnn weekend!!!!

It has been a hectic couple of weeks!! I was ill pretty much all week last week.  First with a sinus thing and then a gallbladder attack.  Not fun! And somewhere in there I tripped coming down the steps and jammed/broke my ring finger.  Well, it wasn't looked at by a Dr, just me....lol.  I say its broke!! I jammed it and the entire finger is black and blue. Probably just severely bruised, but man does it hurt!!  And just when I hit a day where I can stay out of bed for more than a couple of hours, I get called on Friday to come pick Jesse up early from school.  Yep.......last Friday!!! With a cold/sinus thing.......come Monday he was no better, but with it being labor day the Dr wasn't able to see him until Tuesday.......and he was diagnosed with Bronchitis and has been home with me ever since.  He doesn;t seem to be responding to the antibiotics and he has missed all this week of school  So I think tomorrow another tip to the Dr may be in order!.  Poor fella!!! I hate when he is this sick!! I've been trying to baby him but this is really beginning to wear me out!! Prayers for a speedy recovery are appreciated!!!

I finally had some down time today while he napped on the couch so I took full advantage and created a  bit!!  I feel revived and now it;s unlikely I will even be able to go to sleep because I don't wanna stop!!!!  I'm on such a roll I don't want it to end! I have a killer layout I am dying to share but its for next weeks LM challenge.  I'm not good at keeping secrets.....lol.  It was sooo much fun to put together and I used the scraps from that project to create a card for the Bo Bunny Card Sketch Challenge,  And nope......the scraps won't give you a hint as to the theme of next weeks challenge......so HA!!!! But you will know what paper I used :) Some time back i was RAK'd several sheets of Bo Bunny's Whooligans paper.  LOVEEEEEE!! And that;s what I used for this card.

The Sketch
And my take :)
So stinkin cute!!  The scalloped circle was fussy cut from one of the papers. The only thing that would make the bat cuter would be googly eyes.....lol.  And i have been using a ton of those lately.  Hopefully I can fit in a Hobby Lobby run this time and leave one of the older boys to babysit Jesse......

I'm gonna pass this one along to the I Feel The Love Project  that I heard about from my good friend and LMLC DT sister.Suzanne  In fact, every card I make this month will be a Halloween themed card to send to this organization that was founded by an AMAZING 16 yr old girl!!  Here is the info I have for submitting a card:

The I Feel The Love Project will be making Halloween Cards during the month of September (handed out during the month of he October) to be given to the kids who live at Casa Pacifica. Each year the facility has an amazing Halloween party for the kids. It is our goal to send a card to at least each child who lives there to help celebrate this occasion.  We will need to make at least 70 cards.  I know we can do this!!  These kids deserve our love and support! (Please keep cards fun and cheery, nothing scary or evil).

All you need to do is:
Submit your card/s by September 30 to:
Madison Womack
(IFTL) Funky Cards
P.O. Box 1203
Atascadero, CA  93423


And you can read more about I Feel The Love HERE!!!

I'm linking my card up to the following challenges in addition to Bo Bunny

1.Papertake Weekly:  Anything Goes
2. Tuesday Alchemy: Anything Goes
3.  The Pink Elephant: Patterned Paper

I also have a layout that is based on this sketch from Colorful Creations
And this one at My Creative Sketches looks a lot like the other one......I thought this might work because anyone who knows me knows I tend to veer off course using a sketch anyway......lol.
And the challenge at Scrap The Boys challenges you to use the image below as a start off point.
And I just so happened to have a page I had sat aside a couple of months back that I was trying out my first attempt at home made mist on......lol.  I'll stick to buying it cuz it just made a huge mess and leaked everywhere and I even have some red mist on my kitchen ceiling.  I feel badly because Bob yelled at the kids thinking they were filling up water guns and squirting koolaid.....LOL.  Anything is possible in this house!!!! :)
I love this photo of Jesse so much even tho he looks so sad. I've probably scrapped it before, and as much as I love it I will probably scrap it again!!!  I also drew inspiration from Childs Play's latest challenge "The Giving Tree"  I just thought the photo fit beautifully, and thats all I got....LOL

Myn title is really hard to see here but I used the Gordon Lightfoot song (showing my age) If I could read your my mind"  I love the lyrics and felt they also worked perfectly since he looks so sad and this was at a time when his daddy was so sick we weren't sure we were gonna have him around much longer :(  See? I scrap sad stuff too!!  it can be quite cathartic and I am really getting better at telling these kinds of stories with my journaling.

Anyway....Title says "If I could read your mind, what kind of tale your thoughts could tell."
Again hard to see but I used 2 different types of Jillibean Soup alphas.......everything else is from Crate Paper.

And to keep this post from getting any longer I am gonna cool it now and share my layout from these other challenges that were so much help to me in putting this one together!

1.Scrap The Boys (start off point misting or ink)
2. ScrapFIT warmup 31 All Patterned paper
3.  Use it Tuesday:  Ribbon (not a lot but it's on the tags"
4.  Seriously Creative: TEXTtures (create a project using text or book print pattern......the white paper is like seek and find paper and I have another bit with random letters...also use a textural element that is a non scrapbooking item...I cut out a couple of burlap hearts))

Thanks for visiting me!! I certainly appreciate it!!!
Tina















25 comments:

Kim said...

Love where you took your layout, Tina from the Base given at Scrap the Boys....great colours and design. Hope your little man is feeling much better.....cheers and thanks for joining us at STB.

Vic Lau said...

What an adventure into misting! It looks great in your layout so it's worth it (?) :) Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Haven_mom4 said...

Double comment all in one. So glad you joined us for Use it Tuesday and Childs play. I love the layout

Kelly Massman said...

Cool Halloween card and totally love the layout--very well done!

Missy Whidden said...

What a super cute page!! Thanks so much for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

Belle à cropper said...

It's a good thing you kept you try out, you did a great job with it !!!!

Chas said...

I am really loving the paint splattered. Wonderful job. Thanks for playing at CPC!!

Ashley Horton said...

WOW!! Awesome page!! Really great use of the different patterned papers and I love the lighter pattern you used for your full background! Thanks for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!

tiffany said...

great layout Tina, love how you combined so many fabulous challenges, and the story of the misting/koolaid squirting was hilarious!! Thanks for playing along at Child’s Play Challenges =) Tiffany

Karen Wilson said...

Wow, that's a long post! LOL! Hopefully your little man feels better soon. Poor guy - I wondered if that's what he had!

Love both your creations and you're right, that photo is perfect for the "Giving Tree" challenge .. thanks for joining us at Child's PLay!

Roxy said...

Wow, you sure have had a run of bad luck - hope everyone's back to normal soon! Love your card, and your layout for our Seriously Creative Challenge is seriously incredible - absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Thanks for joining us, hugs, Roxy.

marion82 said...

beautiful card and LO sweetie!!
Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy Challenges!!
hugs
xMx

you can visit
http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
for my free digis!!

Melissa Vettorel said...

wow...fabulous page!! Thanks for playing along with My Creative Sketches!!

Debi said...

Your card is lovely! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Veronica Goh said...

Great layout! Love the red splashes! Thanks for playing along with MCS!

Jodi said...

What a fun page!! THanks for joining in the fun at My Creative Sketches!

Bo Bunny said...

Love it Tina.... Whooligans was such a great line! Thanks for playing in our challenge.

Shell said...

Great page! Good luck with all ur challenges! Thanx for playing at My Creative Scrapbook!

Helen Tilbury said...

You have some fun layouts here - I enjoyed looking around!

Janet M said...

That's a wonderful layout there are so many fun things on it. Great job and thanks for joining in at the challenge at Child's Play.

wendipooh13 said...

wonderful page and LOVE the fun paint on the page!!!!! thanks soooo much for playing along with Child's Play blog!!!!!

Linda said...

Love your take on the challenge!

Thx for joining us at STB :)

Kerryn said...

Your layout based on the STB challenge is fabulous. Thanks for playing along with us :).

Michelle Jamieson said...

Love all your paint in the background. Fabulous layout to boot. Thanks for playing along at Scrap the Boys! :)

ms.espresso said...

How neat to see how all your different sketches and inspiration pieces came together on this layout (LOL at your story about homemade mists!)- inspiration really can come from anywhere! Thanks for joining our Seriously Creative Challenge!