Sunday, March 2, 2014

Destashing some Crate Paper

Happy Sunday my friends!

I'm a little sad today because I had so hoped I was going to be able to share tons of pix taken with my cousin and out visit today, I woke up this morning to a text saying they were heading back home early because we were having some storms and things can get scary when it storms in the mountains. So maybe next time :(  Luckily they love this area and go to the mountains several times a year....so I will see her before the year is out!!! The important thing is they made it back home to Ohio safe and sound!!

I stayed up late last night and did a little scrapping with some Crate  Paper goodies I dug out. They are having a Boy's Rule challenge right now and I really would love that collection!! But I am on a self imposed shopping ban. Yes it's killing me.....lol. SO many great boy collections out there right now that I can't wait to get my hands on and this one is at the absolute top of the list! I dug and dug and came up with bits from Restoration, Toy Box, and School Spirit and tossed it all together.  And I even came across 2 cans of Crate Barrel letters that I had forgotten I even had! My letters were all different colors and didn't match the layout at all so I simply painted them white.

Most of you know I have an adult son with Autism. I rarely scrap him because he is so hard to get a photo of.Typically he doesn't like to be touched or make eye contact. If there is a flash involved he freaks out and he has no patience for me telling him, "Hang on....one more pic!!" But I got really lucky with this photo and a great moment on camera of him and Jesse (my youngest) actually hugging! And Matt is smiling!!!! I think it lasted about 2 seconds.....lol. I'm fast on the draw with my camera.....lol.

I laid this out and arranged and rearranged a billion times and finally decided I didn't like the plain dark Bazzill Cardstock background and flicked whit paint all over it to grunge it up a bit. And again I am layering and layering cuz it helps me destash and I love it.....lol. 

This layout has a lot of dimension that you can't see from this angle, so.....
Typically I use foam squares. But I really had so few letters left and  LOTS of periods and odd stuff I will never use, so I used them under my layers to lift them up. I do this sometimes with leftover foam Thickers and stickers I want to pop up....works great!
The journaling is a quote I found but really have no clue who to credit it to. But I felt it was perfect because Matthew is non-verbal. He can't even communicate with sign language.
It reads "love doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be true"  And even tho Matthew can't express his love we feel it, and hopefully he feels ours as well. From the looks of the their faces in the photo I'd say he does :)

In addition to the contest at Crate Paper I'm also linking up at
Creative Inspirations It's a boy thing
The Sisterhood Of Crafters One for the boys
Simply Create Too Shop your stash (everything here is over a year old)
Crop Stop Share your creations
Little Scrap Pieces  Show it off Saturday Linky Party 
\
Thanks for dropping by! I appreciate your visits and the comments! I have plans for LOTS of scrappy projects this week BUT we all know how that goes.....lol. 

Hugs n stuff!
Tina

9 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW What a fabulous layout! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘ONE FOR THE BOYS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!!! LOVING that special photo and the helicopter!!!!!!!!

NGCARDS said...

This is a great creation for a boy / male, thank you very much for playing at Creative Inspirations this week! Happy Crafting! xxx

Diane MoneyGoolsby said...

Tina: Your SB page card is wonderful--great job--love your word: 'DEstash'!! Your boys are so handsome--hugs to them. Glad you joined our "Use Your Stash Challenge #56" and hope you enter in all our Simply Create Too upcoming challenges also.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Angie A said...

Nice LO!! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too! Angie-DT

http://angiescraftblog.blogspot.com/
http://angiesdigistamps.blogspot.com/

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Tina,
Thanks so much for your visit!!

Check with your Michaels if they make Grab Bags... You have to be there i=on the day they put them out because they go really fast!!
Luckily, I can walk to our Michaels.....
Hugs,
Deb

Vicki robertson said...

This is a fabulous LO! Great design and details. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at CropStop!!

Karen Wilson said...

I love the way you 'grunged' it up! Sorry your day didn't work out, but I tell ya, this weather is the pits! We're still waking up to -24*C here in Ontario! BLAH! Great LO Tina!

Gerda said...

What a fabulous layout!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

DT-Member SCT
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com